Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A New Love for Wool

Living in the Midwest allows us to wear wool about 5 months out of the year. This may help explain my love for Noro but lately I've discovered classic pure virgin wool skirts from Pendelton that go great with my Born Whitley boots. Pendelton has been around a long time and they have an interesting story about their Northwestern woolen mills and Indian blankets. (I found many of these blankets for sale in the Portland, OR airport). Although my skirts were constructed in El Salvador, it's good to buy an item that at least the label reads, " Woven in our USA mills." You can buy Pendelton products on-line or find a wide selection of women's wear at Dillard's-Towne East. Nothing is more cozy than a handknit sweater, a great wool skirt and boots!