Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chanel-Ish Cardigan Jacket


I am SOOO pleased with this very sophisticated and classic ode to Coco Chanel from the book, Greetings from Knit Cafe. The KnitPicks Wool of the Andes yarn (in Chocolate & Cloud) makes it a very warm piece for winter. I machine washed it in cold water and lightly tumble dried and the yarn holds up great.

The key to the tweed stitching is to make sure you understand the stitch pattern when doing the arms/shoulder decreases because at that point you are on your own to keep in pattern. Also, make sure that the row before the bind off is in the same color for all corresponding pieces. (You can see my oversight in the previous blocking post). When finishing, I found this out and had to add a color touch-up to one of my front collar yokes, but it's all good.