Monday, February 26, 2007

Tempting II

Okay, I'll admit it... I completely lost interest in this Tempting II sweater project. It all started when I ran out of Rowan Calmer and had to order another skein from out of town. Other projects came and went and I was determined to get things caught up this weekend. While the pattern was extremely simple and looks great on the tiny designer, my sideways knit top band turned out ridiculously too big. Although I had read other posts with the same problem, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I was having a problem. I followed all the directions and started over 3 times which took up my whole Saturday. By Sunday, I'd lost all my patience and replaced the [k2tog, k1] with [k2togs] and knit the band on a 2x smaller needle. I'm happy with the results and especially like the comfortable feel of this yarn.