Thursday, October 16, 2008

Destination: Springfield, MO












Mom and I took off for a long weekend trip to Branson. It's an easy 4 hour trip but we made it longer by driving some scenic back roads to Springfield. About 16 miles east of Springfield in Rogersville, we pulled up to the most exciting yarn shop I've been to in quite a while - One City Market. It's a small farmhouse with a very inviting front porch and when you enter you'll be greeted by the uber friendly owner, Lisa, and her huge clothesline of Tit-Bits (knitted breast prosthesis). From there I was literally overwhelmed with the many unique items I found in each room from homemade sock blockers to hemp yarn from Nepal to a punchneedle embroidery kit (like I need to start a new hobby-but I just couldn't resist). This is one yarn destination worth a return trip - road trip anyone??