Friday, September 14, 2007

Denim from WIN

This is my third handmade denim item I've purchased this year that supports a great cause and thought I'd share this one in particular. I came across these handloomed products from WIN (Wichita Women's Initiative Network) and wanted to let everyone know about this great program that supports Wichita women in transition. You can find some of their items for sale at the Spice Merchant but I visited their location on E. Third street and was impressed by the many looms and sewing machines they provide for women to use in their program for the sale of their handmade products. One of the staffers told me these crafts/occupations are therapeutic to many of their clients and I can sure relate to that! You can find more info at this link and keep in mind WIN accepts donated denim and sewing machines.

These are going to look great in my soon to be remodeled craft room. More to come.....