Saturday, April 10, 2010

2010 DFW Fiber Fest




The DFW Fiber Fest was one of the smaller shows I've been to with two standout vendors: Brooks Farm and Shabby Sheep. At Brooks Farm I got to meet KnittingFairy and purchase another one of her patterns, the Counterspell (beaded) Shawl, to be made from two skeins of Acero. Shabby Sheep had a sample Dixie Cardigan that I'll be making from Ellyn Cooper's spongy wool yarn. We went to several yarn shops in the area and I met another celebrity at Desert Design Knitz, Barry Klein. He's the owner of Trendsetter yarns and was having a trunk show. You may have seen him on the Knitting Daily t.v. show. Laurie and Pattie were very bad in this shop :) Then there was the wall of Noro at one my favorite shops, Woolie Ewe, in Plano. It was a very good day filled with yarn, mexican food, knitting by the pool and some beers with good friends. Just love Texas!