Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rocky Mountain High

I (we) needed a getaway.  Time on the road with nothing but the wind in my ears and my own thoughts.  Time to make peace with the stress, worries and disappointments that have filled my days.  As I think through all the issues in my head I take in deep yoga breaths and let them go with each cleansing exhale.  Within a couple hundred miles all my worries are gone and only a favorite song lyric comes to mind.  It's amazing how a long weekend traveling on the road with good friends can put things back into perspective.

We have a cozy A-frame cabin on the creek, great meals, small town shopping in Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs all the while surrounded by a snowy Pikes Peak mountain.  The priceless kind of therapy professionals and/or medications just can't provide.