Sunday, December 09, 2007

Holiday on the Plaza

Sleet, snow and falling temperatures didn't stop us from driving to Kansas City for husband's Christmas party over the weekend. I don't get many opportunities to be a passenger in a car so I was excited to have many hours of uninterrupted knitting time. This year we all gathered at Ruth's Chris on the Plaza for exceptional steak dinners and a variety of delicious wines. It was a cold evening that followed as we walked along the Plaza with our friends John and Tammy (pictured) taking in all the Christmas lights. A trip to the Plaza will do wonders to get you in a festive holiday mood and a stop at Cabela's on the way home finished up my Christmas shopping list.

And then there was knitting -- and lots of it. In fact, I managed to finish the Bettna jacket in Noro Silk Garden in a record setting week thanks to work road trips and overnight hotel stays. Talk about multi-tasking! Now if I can only get my Christmas cards sent out...