Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Riverfest Is Near

The Wichita River Festival is right around the corner. In case you missed it, I absolutely love working downtown. Especially in May when the festival is underway. The city is just setting up the food court that sits right below my office and all the action begins this Friday. In addition to our normal walks to the coffee shop during morning breaks, my coworkers and I will be taking in all the food and musical entertainment throughout all of next week.


I've managed to ride Hoolie around on my lunch hour a couple days each week. Today, I tried out a new lunch destination: a walk up Bierock stand in Riverside. It's across from the Riverside Perk coffee shop. They have a few different varieties of bierocks but I went with the beef and cheese. It was pretty good. There's outdoor seating and soon they will be adding Hawaiian Ice and ice cream to their menu.