Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shopping in McKinney


I went to Texas over the weekend to visit family and before I got to Dallas, I made a stop in McKinney, TX. Historic Downtown McKinney offers many unique shops including art galleries, antique shops and clothing boutiques. I bought a cute black little dress they said I should wear with tights and cowboy boots - that's so Texas. There was also a stained glass gallery that I went to and bought some supplies for my new pendant hobby. It was a charming place to shop and leisurely walk along the square. Then I was off to visit with family and we had a nice Saturday night sitting around a bonfire. Before I knew it, it was time to come home and I made one more stop in McKinney for the Third Monday Trade Days. It's an outdoor flea market and I found a Pfaltzgraff jug to add to my collection and a candle chandelier for my patio. I always find good stuff in Texas.