Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Eats & Knitting


While the rally shopping is good, the riding is even better and is what keeps us coming back year after year. Today's destination took us riding through Spearfish Canyon where we stopped to walk around Bridal Falls and have lunch at a lodge in the middle of the canyon. Riding along the roadside streams made me want to try a trout sandwich and it was a real treat that I can't get back home.

We got back to the cabin early enough for husband to take a nap and I got in a little front porch knitting accompanied with the smells of pine trees. It was a very relaxing way to spend the afternoon on vacation. I've been working on a pretty complex project with beads that I need to get finished in the next couple of weeks so I was glad I brought it along.


Every year the owner of our lodge, Dan (& Joyce) Carsten, put on a prime rib roast out a their place and it's some really good eats. We've had a few groceries in our cabin but today has been the best meals we've had the entire trip.