Saturday, August 28, 2010

OKC Kayak



Pattie and I met up with Laurie and a couple of her friends at Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City for kayak lessons. OKC Kayak offers all sorts of lessons and trip adventures. We've started with the Quickstart basics course and I took to it like a fish to water. I really enjoy the rhythm of paddling and being on the water. We were exposed to different kayak styles and this basic skill will be useful to have for future water vacation destinations. Although I could see myself owning a kayak, logistically I think it would be more convenient just to rent one.

Wherever we go for adventure - we also find yarn. Pattie and I stopped at Gourmet Yarn's newly expanded shop and about four feet into the shop we both found our next knitting projects. Mine, the sample Noro shawl on display (pic above) and for Pattie a pair of Spud & Cloe pink lacey socks.