Saturday, September 11, 2010

Old Friendships

Thank you Facebook for providing the opportunity to reconnect with old friends. Especially my high school BFF, Laura, that I haven't seen for over 20 years. Emailing across the miles just wasn't enough so I made flight arrangements to Seattle, WA to see her and I'm staying here for four days (before going to Portland, OR for my aunt's wedding). There's something unexplainably cosmic about high school relationships that's so easy to revert back to. Remembering old times and finishing each other's sentences comes so easily to us.

Laura and Dan have a good life outside Seattle with their own business, mountain home in the foothills of Mount Rainier with a killer view and three loving dogs. Our evenings have been spent watching the sun set with seafood, wine, patio fires and joyful laughter. Our mornings spent watching CMT videos, drinking french press coffee and eating Dave's Killer Bread with peanut butter and fruit.