Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Riding Destination: Arizona

We made it to Phoenix after an afternoon of sightseeing in Tombstone. You know, from the movie and the famous line, "I'm Your Huckleberry." It was kinda weird being that close to the Mexico border but we had no problems. As we were riding down the highway dodging the monsoon season storms I'd look over to my girl, Melanie, and smile from the very idea that we are here doing this. She'd look over at me with a big grin and I knew she was thinking the very same thing. Not very many women can say they've taken off on such a journey and have experienced what we have this week. It's simply an amazing and empowering feeling of girl power. We did have a little mechanical setback this morning when we left N.M., but thankfully, we were only 8 miles out of town and Fred and Cindy came to our assistance and got us back on our way. (We just can't thank you both enough and I can't wait until we visit you again).