Monday, September 07, 2009

Cuivre River State Park

For the last long weekend of summer we rode with friends to Cuivre River State Park just north of St. Louis, Missouri. We took off early and rode all day in the rain but that only intensified the smells of the fields and vineyards along the way. After 500 miles of riding we settled into our barrack and I grabbed a top corner bunk for some cozy lantern-lit knitting. (As always, having this little luxury with me was a lifesaver to have when I woke up at 3:00 a.m. every morning).

The roads in the park were tree-lined and curvy with one lane bridges and then there was more great riding on the way home following the scenic Lewis & Clark Trail.





It seemed ironic to pass through Portland, Missouri when this time next week my travels will take me to Portland, Oregon.