Thursday, September 10, 2009

Portland, OR

I had an uneventful flight to Portland this morning and was thrilled when my Aunt Janine pulled up at the airport. It's been about six years since I was last here and a visit was well overdue. Ordinarily it's pretty cool and rainy this time of year but the forecast for the next several days is sunny highs in the 80s - absolutely perfect weather for hitting knit shops. We made it to 3 out of 8 that are listed in Portland with my favorite shop being twisted. Such a good, creative vibe and check out the awesome sock display! The entire wall is filled with sock yarn! I'm gonna be making the tall Noro stockings in the middle. Of course, I also had to get a shop t-shirt and a bumper sticker that says, "Keep Portland Twisted."


All that shopping made us thirsty so we walked the downtown Esplanade to happy hour where we met up with my aunts boyfriend, Dave, and watched the activities surrounding the Willamette River.